This policy aims to provide a basis for the responsible use of alcohol by the Kew Junior Football Cluband is seen as fundamental to the aims of the club.
The club recognises the importance in holding a liquor license in the value it adds to the club, enabling it to generate income and hold social functions, but in doing so the club also accepts the responsibilities and expectations of the community in strictly adhering to the liquor licensing laws.
To ensure the aims of the club are upheld and that the club and its members manage alcohol responsibly, the following requirements will apply when alcohol is served at the club or during a club function.
Alcohol will be served according to the legal and moral requirements of the club’s Liquor License with the safety and well being of patrons the priority.
- The Club maintains a current appropriate Liquor License
- Only RSA trained servers will serve alcohol
- Bar servers do not consume alcohol when on duty
- The club does not encourage excessive or rapid consumption of alcohol
- When serving non pre-packaged alcohol standard drink measures will be served at all times
- Information posters about Standard Drink measures will be displayed in the bar
- The Liquor License and all legal signage will be displayed at the bar
- Names of RSA trained bar staff will be displayed
- An incident register shall be maintained and any incident recorded
- Alcohol will not be served to any person who is intoxicated or drunk
- Servers will follow RSA training procedures when refusing service
- Drunk patrons will be asked to leave the premises
- Alcohol will not be served to persons aged under 18
- Servers and committee members will ask for proof of age whenever necessary or whenever in doubt
- Only photo ID’s will be accepted